BGS, Q.Arb., Q.Med., PMP
Heather Carnegie grew up in northern Manitoba and upon completing high school attended the Secretarial Arts program at Keewatin Community College in The Pas in 1984. She worked for five years as a Legal Assistant / Paralegal before stumbling into the world of computers and information systems.
Over her 25-year career in IT, she furthered her education through Athabasca University and obtained various certifications. She has performed roles on various projects and initiatives as a functional manager, project manager, client delivery manager, business analyst, systems designer and developer. Heather moved to Regina in 2001 and has gained experience with Geographic Information Systems, justice systems, health systems, finance systems, agricultural systems, service delivery systems, utilities, and education systems to name but a few.
In 2015, Heather joined Linka Howe Peterson Law Offices as a Paralegal. Rodger W. Linka, being a proponent of alternative dispute resolution, encouraged her to pursue ADR training. In 2016, she completed the ADR Institute of Canada’s National Introductory Mediation and National Introductory Arbitration courses. In addition, Heather completed a 5-day suite of investigation courses sponsored by the Workplace Institute. She obtained the ADR Institute of Canada Qualified Arbitrator designation in 2017, the ADR Institute of Canada Qualified Mediator designation in 2020, and is currently an active member of the ADR Institute of Saskatchewan.
In 2019, Heather completed all of the requirements for and was recognized as a Family Mediator under section 44.01 of The Queen's Bench Act, 1998 of Saskatchewan. These requirements included an additional 54 hours of mediation training and 14 hours of family violence training. In April, 2021, Heather also completed all of the requirements for and was recognized as a Parent Coordinator under The Children's Law (Parenting Coordinators) Amendment Regulations.
Heather presented at the Saskatchewan PMI Professional Development Conference in November, 2019, regarding the benefits of using alternative dispute resolution approaches to resolving conflicts in organizations and in projects. Heather intends to continue to promote alternative dispute resolution in Regina and Saskatchewan through these types of forums and by approaching local organizations to offer lunch-and-learn seminars.
- Family Mediation
- Parent Coordinator
- Organizational Consulting
- Mediator / Family Mediator
- Project Manager (10 years)
- Project Lead (15 years)
- Client Delivery Manager (1 year)
- Business Analyst (25 years)
- Developer (20 years)
- Business development - participation in the development of responses to Requests for Information and/or Requests for Proposal and subsequent short-list presentations (10 years)
- Honoured with the CGI Excellence in Innovation Award for the development of a Proposal Content Management tool to draft proposals
- Functional Manager of Geographic Information Systems department (budget, personnel, planning, scheduling, cost analysis, procurement, etc.)
- Athabasca University - Bachelor of General Studies (with Distinction) - emphasis on Information Systems and law
- Athabasca University - University Certificate in Information Systems
- Keewatin Community College/University of Winnipeg - Supervisory Mgmt Program
- Keewatin Community College - Secretarial Arts Certificate
- Training and/or Certifications
- Mediating Parenting Agreements
- Bill Eddy: Working with High-Conflict Clients & Parties
- Parenting Coordination
- Understanding Dynamics of Domestic Violence for Family Law Practitioners
- Mediating Family Finances
- Introduction to Family Mediation
- DRO's Negotiation & Influencing
- DRO's Resolving Conflict Constructively
- ADR Qualified Arbitrator Certification
- Workplace Institute Investigation series
- ADR Institute of Canada National Introductory Arbitration Course
- ADR Institute of Canada National Introductory Mediation Course
- Organizational Change Management Certification
- Project Management Professional Certification April 2006
- CGI Quality Assurance Internal Auditor training November 2005
- Strategic Planning training 1998